When it comes to fashion we always want to look spectacular and dress the best way we can, for people the way to dress is basically a representation of what they are, what they like, and a way to express themselves.
In this article, it is going to be mentioned some of the top luxury fashion brands of the world that might give you the style and appearance you always wanted.
The prestigious and famous French brand of Chanel was founded in 1910 by Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel and it is dedicated to the elaboration of bags, cosmetics, couture fashion, and fragrances.
Chanel has exclusive boutiques all over the world in exclusives malls or streets; they also every year make a presence in shows of the fashion capitals of the world. The brand is well known in the world for its double C symbol.
Among all the things produced by Chanel, one of the characteristic ones is the fragrance № 5 that, in fact, was the favorite number of Coco Chanel. Her beliefs were that the real elegance comes with simplicity.
In the actuality, Chanel´s owners are Alain and Gerard Wertheimer grandsons of Chanel´s partner Pierre Wertheimer. The brand is the top in selling luxury fragrances around the world.
This Italian brand was created by Gianni Versace established its first boutique in Via Della Spiga (Italy) 1978. The brand is famous for its wide range of products among which we can find clothes, fragrances, accessories, jewelry, makeup, and even furniture.
The brand itself has different lines that dedicate to a different elaboration of products in which we can find:
- Gianni Versace Couture: in this particular line is dedicated to luxury accessories such as watches, jewels, furniture, and couture. A dress from this line can reach 10,000$ and a suit for men reach 5,000$.
- Versace Jeans Couture: this line is the more affordable of the brand and is dedicated to jeans and t-shirts usually with the logo on it.
- Versace Collection and Versace Jeans Couture: this is more dedicated to the cloth of the season and for the young public.
Currently, the brand is operated by Donatella Versace and Santo Versace siblings of Gianni Versace murdered in 1997. The symbol of the brand is a representation of Medusa the mythological Greek monster.
- Hugo Boss
Hugo Boss is the German luxury brand of fashion in the world; their products are clothes, fragrances, and accessories primarily for men and in 2000 they started the women line.
The brand was first established in Metzingen Germany in 1924 by Hugo Ferdinand Boss. Hugo was involved with the Nazis in the World War 2; in fact, he was the designer of the SS uniforms.
An interesting fact of the brand is that all their remaining products at the end of the season are burned not to be a copy or sell off-season. In 2013 the brand was sued for 1, 8$ million for the death of a child in a locker room.
- Louis Vuitton
Louis Vuitton is a French luxury brand founded in 1854 it specialized on travel articles such as trunks, bags, handbags, etc. Currently is considered the most luxury brand of the world, for its exclusivity and personalized items its logo is the popular LV.
It is also one of the most counterfeit brands in the world which have been a big problem for the company. They used to sell their products to retailers but due to the falsification of their product they currently just sell their products in their own boutiques.
They actually spend a lot of money tracking and investigating every people who falsify their product to stop the situation, they also have an online shop where you can get their products.
Their products are all handcrafted and made with exclusive materials, for the creation of suitcases they make a special key that opens every bag of the customer that allows the client to open every luggage they have with that one key.
For the elaboration of a bag, it takes between 15-60 hours. The brand is the number one of the 10 most powerful brands in the world with a value of 24$ billion and it has around the world 445 shops in 62 countries.
Prada is an Italian luxury brand of bags, suitcases, and fragrances founded in 1913 by Mario Prada. Prada like Louis Vuitton started by making bags and suitcase highly demanded by customers in the United States and Europe.
Every suitcase was raincoat and exclusively elaborated with leathers and animal skins, the only issue with them was that they were too heavy and unpractical to travel with.
It was in 1978 when Miuccia Prada (Mario Prada´s granddaughter) took the company and innovate it, with the implementation of different materials to make the products lighter (without losing the quality).
In 1992 Miuccia releases a line called Miu Miu, aimed to a young and informal public, with a more affordable price. Currently is one of the best luxury brands in the world.
Giorgio Armani is an Italian fashion brand founded by Giorgio Armani and Sergio Galeotti in 1975, the brand is has a wide range of products including fashion accessories, house accessories, jewels, watches, fragrances, cloth, glasses, etc.
The brand counts with different lines of products in which we can find
- Armani Cosmetics: dedicated to the production of fragrances, and skin care products, it is distributed by L’Oreal.
- Armani Casa: dedicated to furniture and accessories for the house, this particular line is one of the more expensive ones.
- Armani Exchange: this is the one dedicated to the young public between 20-25 years old, and it is characterized for their urban jeans, polos, and t-shirts. It is also the most affordable line.
- Armani Collezioni: is a line dedicated to old people with classic designs.
- Armani Dolci: this one, in particular, dedicates to the elaboration of fine chocolate.
- Emporio Armani: is the youngest line for young people dedicated to the elaboration of sunglasses, accessories, watches, etc.
- Armani Jeans: it is characterized by their cowboy jeans style, really famous in Asia.
- Giorgio Armani: is the most expensive and exclusive of all lines.
- Armani Hotels: Armani also has a hotels and resorts lines, their first hotel was established in the Burj Dubai in Dubai.
- Christian Dior
Founded by Christian Dior in Paris-France in 1947, is a brand dedicated to the elaboration of couture fashion including clothes, glasses, accessories, shoes, underwear, etc.
Christian Dior´s clothes have been used in many Hollywood movies, and many well-known artists are an image of the brand like Johnny Deep and Natalie Portman.
Gucci is an Italian brand established in 1921 and dedicated to the production of clothes, bags, watches, accessories, and fragrances that started with the right foot, but after the death of the founder Guccio Gucci, the brand started to fall apart which caused its sell.
It was finally acquired by Pinault-Printemps-Redout, Paris and have had a good reputation ever since. It is said that this Gucci and Prada are rivals in the industry.
These are some of the top luxury fashion brands of the world, preferred by people. In conclusion, it can be said that Italy, France, and Germany owns the world of luxury and couture fashion.